The 1860 hip roof barn, also known as a gambrel, was built by Daniel McInnes, a local well-known barn builder at the time. Mr. McInnes was responsible for the building of numerous barns in the area, many of which are still standing tall today. The barn was essential to the farm and its livestock and provided income for family at that time. The barn provided storage for stoked hay, straw and threshed grain. Horses delivered the grain to the granary for threshing and sorting. The original floors, which were trod by horse and wagon, are now located in the service area and band stand in the newly renovated barn.
The original barn doors were repurposed to wall board and serving tables in the main room. The new barn doors, locally made, open to the area the horses once trod, and now to a beautiful, original hemlock post and beam structure with pine, milled from the property, or locally sourced, walls, floors and finishings.
The barn was lovingly restored by Tim and local craftsmen Laurie and Jim Whyte.